Brent Hodgson is obsessed with high-performance marketing and sales strategies. But when effective marketing strategy relies on creative thinking – how do you systemize creativity, and get consistently outstanding results?
Grab Brent’s system: A system to systemise creative work
How to Systemise the Creative Process
Step 1: Make experience accessible – create a memory bank or knowledge base of all your resources.
- Collect case studies, source materials, templates and swipe files, inspiration and best practices and any other core knowledge/experiences/foundational ideas someone would need to have had to get a great outcome
- Create a repository for storing/referring to these.
o Bonus tip: Create a checklist for how to review them.
Step 2: Decide on your success metric and measure outcomes.
- Choose your success metric – how you’ll know if you’re on the right path. Get feedback from stakeholders on the output/concepts (use this to refine your process).
- Choose how to document concepts so that everyone is on the same page.
- Formally measure the quality of work based on your success metric.
Step 3: Review results and turn learning into experience – rinse and repeat.
- Use both successful, and unsuccessful work to improve the knowledge base and refine the system. Implement what is learned back into the system.
o Successful outcomes get added to the knowledge base.
o Unsuccessful outcomes get approved upon and implemented.