Building everyday checklists means taking a look at the bigger picture. Doing that without some form of template isn’t always going to be so easy. So, why not consider making use of some free SOPs to help you along the way? If you’re unsure how to create procedures, they may be worth taking a closer look into.
Free SOP templates are designed to help provide you with a ‘leg up’ as far as corporate systemisation is concerned. They can give you a great example of process and procedure. It’s understandable that it may take time to hit the ground running as far as building a system is concerned. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways you can quickly create daily systems from free resources.
The SOP Writing Process: Considering the Basics
No matter what process you’d like to systemise, the key is to break it all down into bite-size portions. Free SOP checklists and templates will help you realise this; however, you will largely be able to break a system down into the following elements:
- A clear checklist of tasks to be completed
- A timeline to adhere to, a definite start and end point
- A chart which organises both tasks and team members
- Information and instructions which are detailed and comprehensive
You should also make sure that, regardless of the SOP templates you download, there is no room for doubt. That’s the key.
Filling it All In
When faced with a to-do list template, it can seem a bit daunting to put your own spin on things. However, it is again a case of breaking things down. When it comes to tailoring an SOP to your own needs, you’ll need to consider the bigger picture.
- What are the most significant problems facing your business right now?
- Which are the most critical?
- Which lose you the most time?
- Which carry the most potential cost?
Once you have a clear idea of the problems and processes you’d like to attend to, it will be time to think about how to do so. During the SOP writing process, even from checklist templates, you need to ask yourself the following:
- Which tasks need to be prioritised?
- Do you need to do any work before this process begins?
- What other processes will this SOP rely on?
- What tools and/or software or expertise will be needed?
- How can you clearly represent responsibilities and tasks to your team?
Templates Can Help
Many successful businesses have made use of online templates to build workflows. Free SOP guides will help you understand how to map out systems, it is down to you to simply fill in the blanks. Use a free template to create a guide and make it unique with your own goals and requirements.
Are you new to SOPs and systems? Want to know more about how to build a process for everyday goals? Call systemHUB today on 1300 149 301, or email us to let us know how we can help.